Phonics International Forum Index Phonics International
an International Online Synthetic Phonics Programme

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Comments and feedback about the course
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Phonics International Forum Index -> 'PHONICS TRAINING ONLINE' FORUM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
debbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lady who had completed the Phonics Training Online course sent me a series of many photos of the beautiful, detailed course notes she'd taken of the course content.

It was very humbling, extremely impressive, and I asked her if she would mind if I shared some of her photos of her notes via Twitter which she was happy for me to do.

I wanted to honour her considerable commitment but at the same time make it clear that there is no requirement to take any notes during the course.

This is what I wrote for Twitter along with attaching four photos of her notes:

Quote:
I've had permission to share some notes taken by a lady undertaking my Phonics Training Online course. I was blown away when she sent the photos to me. Note-taking is not 'required' but this is true dedication. I feel very honoured that she did the course.

In response to this Tweet, a man who had completed our Phonics Training Online course wrote:

Quote:
That's right, the course is not designed to be demanding for the learner, but the content delivered is pure gold - the nitty-gritty and nuts n bolts of how to fashion, deliver, fine-tune and sustain a phonics-based early literacy program that's fit for universal application.

You can imagine that I was very pleased to have this affirmation that note-taking is not necessary nor required, and also that this response was so positive about the course!

I asked permission to copy and paste this response.

Then I also replied saying:

Quote:
Thank you so much for saying as much.....20+ hours is a long time to ask people to devote but measured against my decades of experience brought to the table, it's a fair exchange perhaps?

To which was the response:

Quote:
Just not sure how more people haven't discovered Phonics International

Since David and I decided to make the full Phonics International programme - including the Early Years Starter Package - entirely free to access, I can report there were immediately hundreds of people signing up for access.

This just goes to show that in this day and age, the 'freebie' approach is able to attract immediate attention and significant uptake.

Rolling Eyes

Update: I asked my amazing 'note taking' lady whether she had found our Phonics Training Online course beneficial for her teaching and this is what she replied:

Quote:
Dear Debbie,

your course has been tremendously helpful and has, indeed, made a lot of difference to my work practice.

In fact, I am known as a "Queen of Phonics" at my school 🙈.

Thank you so much for everything you are doing!

Thank goodness for that after so much hard work put into the course by David and myself, and extraordinary dedication evidenced by this teacher.

That's one lucky class - year after year lucky children!
debbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feb 2021 - Lovely to read this via Twitter:

Quote:
I’m feeling very chuffed about completing 12 modules of my
@PhonicsInt online course. I’ve learned a huge amount and while I’m now rethinking a great deal of my approach to teaching phonics, I’ve been relieved that many of my doubts about current trends in phonics teaching 1/3

..have been confirmed and that some of my instincts over the years have been correct. Looking forward to implementing SSP from Monday - alphabetic code and alphabet already on the wall. Thank you @anneglennie for first alerting me to SSP and to @debbiehepp for the 2/3

...training. And to @TireeSchools for buying the starter pack! Raring to go...

There's definitely a growing interest amongst teachers in Scotland to trial the Phonics International programme (which we have provided free from January 2021) in combination with the No Nonsense Phonics Skills series:

https://phonicsintervention.org/no-nonsense-phonics-skills/

In response to requests from parents, we have now made the 9 Pupil Books from the No Nonsense Phonics Skills series available as 'singles'. We now also provide ready-made Flash Cards and Alphabet tabletops.

Here are some photos and video footage with NNPS in action in the home - whether bought independently for use in the home, or used in liaison school to home:

https://phonicsintervention.org/parents-homeschooling/
debbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feb 2021 - Here is more feedback that was wonderful to receive via Twitter 'Direct Message':

Quote:
Hello Debbie.

I have now completed your training course and I just wanted to say thank you!

It has changed the way I will teach phonics forever and is by far the best phonics training I have ever done (and I've done lots!)

Please do let me know if there is ever anything I can do to help further promote Phonics International. I will of course flag up your training and resources to others at every opportunity.

Thank you again. Best wishes, James

In response I suggested to James that (with full permissions of course), he keeps a record of his progress and the children's progress from baseline, and over time, in the form of photos, jotting down his findings as he goes along, so that one day he might like to write a guest-post for my blog, The Naked Emperor, here:

https://debbiehepplewhite.com

And of course it would be wonderful if he could share some of this journey via Twitter which enables photos and short videos in addition to written messages.

It's interesting to see how the medium of Twitter is useful for professional networking and message sharing. Currently, we're advertising a series of Live Webinars featuring aspects of phonics and foundational literacy provision.

My Twitter name is debbiehepp if anyone is interested!

Here is a link to information about the Live Webinars:

https://phonicsinternational.com/news-and-gossip/
debbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to see this recommendation for teachers in Australia on FaceBook this morning:

Quote:
The best PL I’ve done in terms of SSP is the Phonics International course by Ms Debbie Hepplewhite (see comment above). Check out the Phonics International site. The course is heavily discounted at the moment.

At the time of this recommendation, our Phonics Training Online course remains at £20 + VAT per person.

If there are university bookings at scale, we discount that by 50% so that cost per student is £10 + VAT per student.

That's value! Wink
debbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love hearing about 'real' children and how they are benefiting from the knowledge and practice provided by the resources of Phonics International, I just received this by our message system:

Quote:
Hi,

Not sure if this is the right place to put this, but I just wanted to thank you for your wonderful materials!

I have been tutoring some year 2 students and one boy in particular, was too nervous to read at all at first. Now after just 3 sessions, he is reading sentences confidently! After coaxing him to try out some sounds and just try one word at a time, he slowly realised that he can read and it's not so scary - I guess because the words are finally decodable! (His mum said he almost never reads for anyone) Thanks again for so generously providing the materials, I'm so proud of him and your materials made such a big difference!

I have your course as well and haven't gotten far into it but have a lot of the knowledge from other sources as well as from reading extensively about (and practising with my kids) the 'Montessori' method.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Phonics International Forum Index -> 'PHONICS TRAINING ONLINE' FORUM All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: