Building an international training team...

This forum is open for anyone to add their experiences, queries and to describe their training needs. Please feel free to use this forum for anything at all to do with training.
debbie

Building an international training team...

Post by debbie »

I am so pleased to introduce Mahrukh Ahmed who is our new Phonics International trainer in Pakistan. :lol:

www.phonicsinpakistan.com

We have also started an international trainers' page on our main PI website.

Phonics International trainers are independent trainers who have a close relationship with us and use our Phonics International programme's resources to base their main training. In addition, they may well have decodable books and additional resources that they like to recommend to support the synthetic phonics teaching principles.

If anyone is experienced in the synthetic phonics teaching principles and would be interested in promoting the Phonics International programme, please contact me at debbie@syntheticphonics.com . :wink:
Debbie Hepplewhite
debbie

Post by debbie »

I can now introduce Kelly Rowlingson in New Zealand:

www.phonicsinnewzealand.com

And Phil Wroe in the United Kingdom:

www.phonicsintheUK.com

Welcome aboard to these ladies and thank you for joining the PI team!

If you are an experienced phonics teacher and you would like to enquire about a similar arrangement to these accredited Phonics International training providers, please do contact me at debbie@syntheticphonics.com .
Debbie Hepplewhite
debbie

Post by debbie »

Now we have Coral George joining our international team.

Visit her website at www.phonicsinspain.com .
Debbie Hepplewhite
debbie

Post by debbie »

Welcome to Sibel Buluktimur who is our accredited Phonics International trainer in Turkey.

See www.phonicsinturkey.com .

I met Sibel last year when she and her sister, Suna, came to stay with me and my family.

Sibel has been achieving wonders with phonics teaching in the schools where she has worked in England and in Turkey. I was so delighted when she first emailed me to tell me about her success in Turkey with synthetic phonics teaching. :D

Just to remind people how delighted I am when they contact me to share their successes or when they feel the need for a little advice. :wink:
Debbie Hepplewhite
debbie

Post by debbie »

We have now launched the website of our trainers Paul and Hannah Hogan in China.

See www.phonicsinchina.com

Hannah has translated the Early Years Starter Package guidance into Chinese. A link to this is available at the bottom of the homepage of their website. This is a wonderful addition to support teachers in China whose main language is Chinese and who wish to readily read and understand the synthetic phonics teaching principles and how to use the Early Years Starter Package.

Paul and Hannah have already commented that they have found the Early Years Starter Package Activity Sheets invaluable in their scenario with students of all ages!

Welcome to Paul and Hannah! :D
Debbie Hepplewhite
debbie

Post by debbie »

We have added two further trainers to our Phonics International trainers page:

Jennie Smith-Brock from the USA.

See www.phonicsinusa.com

Elizabeth Nonweiler who trains widely in the UK and internationally.

See www.teachtoread.com .

More to follow! :wink: :D
Debbie Hepplewhite
debbie

Post by debbie »

Welcome to Margaret Bertram who provides training, advice and tutoring in Australia.

See www.phonicsinaustralia.com

Margaret is passionate about synthetic phonics teaching like the rest of us, and describes her teaching experiences and views on the current situation in Australia very well on her 'about' page:

www.phonicsinaustralia.com/about.html

The point that Margaret makes very clearly is: how can it be that there have been national inquiries in America, Australia and in the UK which all conclude that synthetic phonics teaching is essential - and yet we still see such reluctance, hesitance - or even ignorning the results of these inquiries by many people in the educational hierarchy?

I hear about this all the time in the English scenario - including many headteachers who are determined to plod on with their mixed methods beliefs - and they are 'beliefs' as such an eclectic approach for teaching reading is not backed up by the research on reading or leading practice.

I, and others, have found Margaret's 'about' piece very poignant and it is essential reading.
Debbie Hepplewhite