Three new additions to the Early Years Starter Package

News about new material, amended material and future planned material
debbie

Three new additions to the Early Years Starter Package

Post by debbie »

I hope these prove to be very useful additions to the Early Years Starter Package!

As they are 'new', they will not (yet) appear in the overaching guidance booklet and we have just added them at the top of the EYSP webpage:

A4 CHART - ORDER OF SOUNDS AND GRAPHEMES WITH 'PICTURE POSTERS' WORDS from units 1 to 6

SUGGESTIONS FOR PARENTS (for Sounds Books)

A4 sheet divided into 4 identical sets of suggestions.

A5 CHART - SOUNDS AND SPELLING ALTERNATIVES (for Sounds Books)

A4 sheet divided into 2 identical A5 charts.

The second and third resources listed above should be particularly helpful for teachers in educational settings for glueing into beginners' Sounds Books to inform parents or guardians at home.

For detailed information about beginners' Sounds Books, please look at guidance on the EYSP webpage in the GRAPHEME TILES SHEETS section - 'Suggestions for use of Graphemes Tiles'.

I'd like to dedicate these to the lovely Lucy. I met Lucy a week ago during a training session. She was so enthusiastic about the samples of Sounds Books (of real children!) that she wanted to wish the half term holiday away to be able to get started with the Early Years Starter Package material!

Lucy desperately wanted some simple explanations for parents to glue into the Sounds Books and so I got cracking with the above resources. I hope that these are what she had in mind!

I can't wait to hear how Lucy and her Reception pupils enjoy the teaching and learning using the EYSP resources! :wink:
Debbie Hepplewhite