Audio and Visual Resources.

This is where you post any technical based problems, i.e., difficulty in accessing the site, unable to access a particular programme unit, problems with downloads etc. Please check the FAQs section before posting here.

Moderator: admin

PaulHogan

Audio and Visual Resources.

Post by PaulHogan »

Hello Technical Problems. Do you have any news on the, Hear The Sounds link, it still seems to be out of service. When I click on the click link, I just get HTTP 404 Not Found.
Thank you. Paul.
debbie

Post by debbie »

So sorry about the continued delay in uploading a new version of the audio-visual strand in units 1 to 6.

Originally the difficulty was a conflict between Internet Explorer and Adobe. We believe we have resolved this now by finding a different audio programme so we are now re-doing the audio in units 1 to 6.

Our apologies for any inconvenience. :oops:
Debbie Hepplewhite
debbie

Post by debbie »

I'm pleased to say that we have now uploaded the audio-visual resource 'Hear the Sounds' available in units 1 to 6.

This gives examples of the phonemes of English speech (the smallest identifiable sounds in words) along with examples of grapheme alternatives (spellings) for the phonemes as outlined in each unit 1 to 6.

You hear the phoneme and then hear three word examples spoken (with the phoneme in different positions in those words) which enables a process of mapping the phoneme onto the written word. Key Pictures illustrate the meanings of the words.

Remember that these Key Pictures are the same as on the Picture Posters in units 1 to 6.

You do not have to use the Picture Posters along with the audio-visual 'Hear the Sounds' resource - it's just that they reinforce the teaching and learning intentions.

I do hope that we have no further problems with the audio quality of this resource but let us know if you experience any.

Please note that this resource is near the top of the list in units 2 to 6, but quite a way down the list in unit 1. For this reason we have highlighted the 'Hear the Sounds' resource with a pinkish background in unit 1 so that you can access it quickly.

As this is a resource which you will always share with your learners directly 'online', teachers need to be able to locate it quickly.
Debbie Hepplewhite