SAY THE SOUNDS POSTERS continued in units 6 to 12

News about new material, amended material and future planned material
debbie

SAY THE SOUNDS POSTERS continued in units 6 to 12

Post by debbie »

I have found the SAY THE SOUNDS POSTERS in units 1 to 5 invaluable as A3 Posters, A4 laminated resources to support independent writing (in addition to the A4 ALPHABET LETTER SHAPES) and as individual assessment sheets (just name and tick graphemes known).

We stick copies into the SOUNDS BOOK ACTIVITY SHEETS scrap books periodically - and we also send copies home in the children's 'book bags' as we progress through the units.

I have therefore continued this series of posters throughout units 6 to 12 although I have changed the format by presenting the graphemes in grids. This is to make the growing number of graphemes manageable by chunking them into their 'units'.

Teachers need to look at the strands in each unit carefully to select either 'in order' correspondences - or 'jumbled'. Repeating the units provides for overlap of learning and revision.

As there are far fewer graphemes to learn in the later units, the SAY THE SOUNDS POSTERS strand in units 11 and 12 are the same.

This resource can be used liberally for rehearsing saying the sounds, pointing to the graphemes in response to sounds, for 'informing' home and for tracking and assessment purposes. :D
Debbie Hepplewhite