Feedback from 2-day training in May 2013

This forum is open for anyone to add their experiences, queries and to describe their training needs. Please feel free to use this forum for anything at all to do with training.
debbie

Feedback from 2-day training in May 2013

Post by debbie »

http://www.phonicsinternational.com/new ... _2013.html

At the time of writing this message, we have already provided the May two-day training event as described via the link above.

Here is a sample of some of the feedback from the two-day May 2013 event which, I have to say, is very heartwarming as always!
Excellent! Inspiring!

Many "goosebump" moments!

As someone familiar with PI but never having used it, overwhelmed initially by the amount of resources on the website, this course has cleared up many doubts.

We'd like to collaborate and will try to write a report about our own experiences in Spain.

I have many new ideas now for building and improving on what we have been doing. Thank you!

Coordinator Foreign Languages, Secondary Teacher, Spain.
Thanks for fabulous course.

Thanks for all free resources.

Everything clear in my mind now and can't wait to get started in September but will be practising my newly found skills with my current class during the last 7 weeks of term. Thank you.

Year One teacher, UK
A most informative and worthwhile two days that covered a wonderful range of aspects.

Lots of practical advice and activities that have helped embed my 'own' learning. Lots of ideas for the teaching of phonics that I can use with trainees.

I found the two days very useful; good to have time to ask questions.

Bringing the international variety of practitioners together was just amazing, and so beneficial to broadening the phonics teaching aspects. Thank you so much Abi and Debbie.

Lecturer - PCGE - England.
Extremely relevant and personalised.

Gives me an extra push and drive to make the changes in Singapore.

Debbie - thank you for giving me the tips, and telling me how and where to start to make things work for me. It is difficult and may take years to make change but knowing that I have you on board with me, I have more confidence to make a change.

And I will make good use of the website as a platform to talk to the world and make change.

Special Education/ Early Education Teacher, Singapore.
Thanks for a great two day training.

What a wealth of knowledge you shared - there was so much info!

No questions or comments at the moment, but I'm sure there will be once I've thought about it a bit more!!! Thanks.

Class Teacher, The Netherlands.
Very good, clear and inspiring course. Debbie and Abi - amazing personalities, passionate and focused on what's core. Their passion, along with their expertise, is extremely inspiring.

Access to free resources online is a real blessing, massive help.

I hope and am convinced that when, if having any problems or issues with phonics, I'd be able to contact and ask for some help, advice.

[Further feedback given.]

Polish Primary Teacher, UK
I know when I have time to go away and digest everything, I will have tons of ideas to work on. :D

At first (day 1) it felt we were supposed to follow the scheme rigidly, but by day 2, it became clearer that we all just take what we need for our workplace.

The amount and variation of resources are excellent - more than what I hoped for. It has fulfilled my intentions and I feel like I can make a great scheme for TAs [teaching assistants] I work with, which will really benefit our pupils.

[Further feedback given.]

Senco (Special Educational Needs Coordinator), UK

Thank you so much for an insightful course. I feel much more confident and I feel I have already increased my subject knowledge. You have given me lots to think about and look forward to when addressing the needs of my children. I can't wait to get started!

Grade 4 teacher (year 5), Germany.

Other feedback included comments that day 1 was too 'dry' and a bit overwhelming (some background information regarding the history of reading instruction etc) and we invited comments about the facilities provided and the food. Some people loved the food but one lady requested more fruit and one gentleman said it was provided too often!

LOL! You can't please all the people all the time - but generally feedback was extremely positive, often very detailed - and we have certainly taken all the feedback on board about the training content and the practicalities of the venue in readiness for future events. :D
Debbie Hepplewhite