Oxford University Press free service for word assessment

News about new material, amended material and future planned material
debbie

Oxford University Press free service for word assessment

Post by debbie »

http://www.oxfordphonicschecksupport.co.uk/login

This is a very easy-to-use free service to generate real words and nonsense words for assessment.

It would be very handy to use just a week or so before the statutory Year One phonics screening check in England.

I do encourage schools in the independent (private) sector, and schools overseas where English is taught, to make the most of the 40-word phonics screening check which is provided by the UK government for children to take at the end of Year One (when they are six, or nearly six, years old).

In this way, teachers will get an indication of how well their pupils are doing and how effective the teaching is - compared to other schools and local authorities in England.

I am hoping that teachers will be professionally curious!

And whilst some teachers and 'others' are against the Year One phonics screening check - and don't understand the reasoning for it - it would be wonderful, and very ironic, if teachers used the check when they 'don't' have to!!! :wink:

I have developed a thread about the Year One phonics screening check on the 'Fancy a chat' forum if anyone is interested in learning more about it.
Debbie Hepplewhite