Confession about spelling error/typo in 'The ogre' story!

News about new material, amended material and future planned material
debbie

Confession about spelling error/typo in 'The ogre' story!

Post by debbie »

Well - how very embarrassing to discover that there has been a spelling error in the 'I can read' text 'The ogre' in Unit 12.

I had typed up 'fur tree' instead of 'fir tree'.

Not only that, but I've been using this particular text in some of our training events - which led to someone pointing out to me (thank goodness) that 'fur' was spelt incorrectly.

Actually, the teacher concerned wondered whether it was a 'deliberate error' making a play of the word 'fur/fir' - but no - sadly - just a typing error!

The upside of this is that we are able to correct any errors you draw to our attention pretty much immediately in that the programme is 'virtual' and we just have to make the amendment and re-upload the document.

If ever, or whenever, you find errors in our work, please do drop me an email and let me know. We'll be very grateful and attend to it as soon as possible.

It is particularly important that I mention this error because part of my guidance is that schools print off hard-copies of the 'Sounds Book Activity Sheets' and the 'I can read' texts to keep in a convenient place for staff to be able to glance at quickly and, if this is your preference, photocopy the focus material very easily by using the hard-copy as the master copy - if that works for you!

This is because the 'Sounds Book Activity Sheets' and the 'I can read' texts are very much the core of the Phonics International programme.

Sorry - everyone - if this has caused you inconvenience or we have a generation of young people spelling 'fur tree'! :oops: :oops: :oops:
Debbie Hepplewhite