Grace Vilar - synthetic phonics training in South America

This forum is open for anyone to add their experiences, queries and to describe their training needs. Please feel free to use this forum for anything at all to do with training.
debbie

Grace Vilar - synthetic phonics training in South America

Post by debbie »

http://gracevilarphonics.weebly.com/

I've already described when I first met Grace Vilar (SP trainer in Argentina) - kindly introduced to me by Coral George (SP trainer in Spain).

Since meeting with me and sharing personal training (really just fab discussions where practice and ideas were shared), Grace has gone on to trial Phonics International in her school where she is the principal of the afternoon English-speaking part of the curriculum - the curriculum is provided in the mornings in Spanish.

Having discovered for herself how useful PI resources are to build on the Jolly Phonics start for the youngest students, Grace now incorporates information about Phonics International into her teacher-training events.

A great development of Grace's teacher-training events is the part in the event where Grace contacts me via skype and I can talk to the attendees 'direct' via skype and using a webcam. It really is inspirational to speak with people across the other side of the world in this way - and for us to see one another at the same time! Modern technology!

Please do contact Grace direct if you are a teacher or parent in South America and would like any advice or support, or training, for synthetic phonics teaching. :D

Of course anyone from that part of the world can also contact me direct at debbie@phonicsinternational.com . :wink:
Debbie Hepplewhite
debbie

Post by debbie »

http://gracevilarphonics.blogspot.com/

Scroll down Grace's blog to view the photos of 'Years 4 and 5 working with Phonics International'.
Debbie Hepplewhite