New - QUESTIONS for 'I CAN READ' texts for units 1 to 6

News about new material, amended material and future planned material
debbie

New - QUESTIONS for 'I CAN READ' texts for units 1 to 6

Post by debbie »

http://www.phonicsinternational.com/uni ... unit_1.pdf

On request, I've designed some comprehension questions for units 1 to 6. This new resource corresponds with the 'I CAN READ' texts.

The questions themselves are not cumulative, decodable text in units 1 to 5 as they are written for the teacher to read aloud to the learner/s.

Of course, the 'I CAN READ' texts are cumulative and decodable as they are designed for the learner/s to read once they can blend (synthesise) all-through-the-word.

There are already 'QUESTIONS' for the 'I CAN READ' texts in units 7 to 12. These are designed to be answered either orally and/or as full written comprehension exercises.

Above is the link to the free unit 1 QUESTIONS strand.

Units 2 - 6 will be uploaded shortly. :D
Debbie Hepplewhite
debbie

Post by debbie »

We have now uploaded the QUESTIONS resource in units 2 to 5.

Unit 6 to follow shortly. :)

To confirm - there is a QUESTIONS resource in all units 1 to 12 now - only unit 6 remains to be uploaded. :wink:
Debbie Hepplewhite
debbie

Post by debbie »

We have now uploaded the QUESTIONS resource for unit 6. :D

This means that there is a set of comprehension QUESTIONS for every I CAN READ text from unit 1 right through to unit 12.

Thanks to Jo who gave me a little nudge to provide QUESTIONS for units 1 to 6 for her older students.

Although the wording in the QUESTIONS strand for units 1 to 5 is not written to be cumulative and decodable to the learners, it could well be that older students, and very able students, will be able to read the wording independently. This is another way that work can be differentiated for students of different ages, abilities and in different contexts.

Please don't ask young learners, however, to read the QUESTIONS for themselves unless they are already capable readers who can manage this reading level independently. For example, teachers may not use the QUESTIONS strand of material until they are revisiting earlier units, in which case this is a revision or 'layering' approach to using the PI programme. At this point the wording in units 1 to 5 may well be decodable as the units are being revisited.
Debbie Hepplewhite