3 new 'TENT' ALPHABETIC CODE OVERVIEW CHARTS

News about new material, amended material and future planned material
debbie

3 new 'TENT' ALPHABETIC CODE OVERVIEW CHARTS

Post by debbie »

A few people with older students have queried the mnemonic key word 'teddy' for the third letter/s-sound correspondence introduced in unit 1.

Consequently, I have now provided three alternative GIANT ALPHABETIC CODE OVERVIEW CHARTS where the key word 'teddy' has been replaced by the key word 'tent'.

Directly beneath the three new charts, I have also provided an alternative ALPHABETIC CODE FRIEZE POSTER with the key word 'tent'.

[You can find these new resources very near the top of the free unit 1 webpage via the homepage at www.phonicsinternational.com .]

I have no immediate plans, however, to provide alternative 'tent' resources for every time there is a resource with the key word 'teddy'.

Please bear in mind that all key words are 'just' words - and that any simple, similar, common words would do the job required of putting letter/s-sound correspondences in the context of real words and making the learning more memorable - and enjoyable - for learners.

I do accept that older students who have struggled to learn to read first time round would be happier with a chart using the word 'tent' rather than 'teddy'. :D
Debbie Hepplewhite