Training in Beijing, China

This forum is open for anyone to add their experiences, queries and to describe their training needs. Please feel free to use this forum for anything at all to do with training.
debbie

Training in Beijing, China

Post by debbie »

http://www.phonicsinbeijing.com/about.html

Welcome to Elsa Elliott who has joined our Phonics International trainers, Paul and Hannah Hogan, in China.

You can learn about Elsa's services which are centred around Beijing via the link above.

Please don't hesitate to contact our Phonics International trainers in your region if you have any queries regarding teaching reading, spelling or writing in the English language. They will always be pleased to advise you whether or not you go on to require their services more formally. :D
Debbie Hepplewhite
debbie

Post by debbie »

I was really delighted to be able to spend time with Elsa during her recent visit to England! I heard all about developments in Beijing and I was able to watch a video of some of her training (from which I was able to glean ideas!), and she also provided us with these great photos of recent training in a Pilot School in Beijing.

http://www.phonicsinternational.com/elsa_training.html

More details to follow.

If anyone has any video footage or photos of any 'in-house' synthetic phonics or Phonics International training in your context, please do send them to us so that we can share them with others.

Phonics International is designed for people to be able to learn about the synthetic phonics teaching principles and to be able to provide their own local training without the necessity of using the services of a PI trainer. This is a 'big world' and it is important that we spread this type of teaching across the world wherever people wish to learn to read and write in the English language.

To this end, we need to support one another and to share the work we are all doing in our curves of the world. I know that there are many people providing training in their own schools and contexts and my aim is that the design of the Phonics International programme should be able to help with this 'in-house' training provision - that's one of the advantages of the internet!

I also know that Phonics International could provide more help with further purpose-designed training video footage and more specific 'guidance'. This will be available over time. There are only so many hours in a day! :?
Debbie Hepplewhite