Problem with print on the Assessments Sheets

This is where you post any technical based problems, i.e., difficulty in accessing the site, unable to access a particular programme unit, problems with downloads etc. Please check the FAQs section before posting here.

Moderator: admin

jennie

Problem with print on the Assessments Sheets

Post by jennie »

Many of the letters on the assessment sheets are too close together (actually touching in some cases). This is somewhat true with the digraphs assessment (e.g. with "ear"), but the biggest problem is with the nonsense words. For example, in "cromp" the "c" and the "r" are touching such that the "c" looks rather like an "o".
Is this a problem that is specific to my printer?
Thanks.
Jennie
debbie

Post by debbie »

Ooh Jennie - I have never heard of this one - but I do know that it is possible to have issues of the font 'defaulting' to an alternative font even though we have pdf-ed our font so it should be stable.

I find that sometimes I need to 'wait' for the font to settle to the proper font - but sometimes I need to close down the file and click on it for a second time - at that point it goes to the correct font.

Please could you try this latter procedure and then get back to us to see if it has made a difference or not.

So, no - none of the letters should be touching and it is definitely a fault of one description or another!

If after clicking on the file 'twice' the problem is not resolved, let us know and we'll try the next solution. :?
Debbie Hepplewhite
jennie

Post by jennie »

Fixed! Yes, it was that the font had defaulted to an alternate font. I think this happens when my printer is in "sleep mode" when I ask it to print.
Thanks.