Different ways for using the Early Years Activity Sheets

How inventive are you with your Phonics International resources - what works for you?
debbie

Different ways for using the Early Years Activity Sheets

Post by debbie »

I was sent a snapshot recently where a Kindergarten teacher had used the top sections of the EARLY YEARS STARTER PACKAGE ACTIVITY SHEETS for making posters for her display.

So, this included the grapheme tile of the focus grapheme, the associated picture example, and the three letters in tracker font showing where you start writing the letter shapes.

She then used the resource that I had designed as the SUBSTITUTE FLASH CARDS which just have the lower case focus grapheme or the capital letter plus lower case letter. She used the ones showing the capital letters plus lower case letters as posters!

There is a lovely irony to this event for me - I had designed the EARLY YEARS STARTER PACKAGE ALPHABETIC CODE FRIEZE POSTERS as a resource which could be used as both frieze posters and FLASH CARDS.

It never occurred to me, however, that the resource actually designed as SUBSTITUTE FLASH CARDS might be also used as 'posters'!

Well done to that teacher. I was just delighted to see Phonics International resources being used for display - it is clear from my programme's design that I believe there is a huge role for the use of Posters and visual aids for important teaching and learning resources.

Despite the massive bank of Poster resources already available in the programme, teachers and parents are free to utilise any of the resources as Posters and visual aids as they think appropriate.

Please do share your ideas on this forum. :wink:
Debbie Hepplewhite