No Nonsense Phonics Skills video listed in the 'Top 3'

This is the forum for participants of the 'PHONICS TRAINING ONLINE' course written by Debbie Hepplewhite. Participants are welcome to add their own comments. Debbie will contribute any relevant up-to-date findings, issues and developments. To find out about the course, go to: www.phonicstrainingonline.com .
debbie

No Nonsense Phonics Skills video listed in the 'Top 3'

Post by debbie »

I feel very honoured to find a recommendation via Twitter circulating, link below.

I often consider that there isn't enough about actual phonics programmes and provision featured via Twitter. I may be wrong but there tends to be a predominance on academics and their literature (which is great) - but whilst we do need research-to-practice, if any more research is indeed needed, it should surely be programmes-to-research.

Research shows a great deal and has done for decades but if more is thought to be required, a transparent look at specific phonics programmes themselves should surely be uppermost on the radar of researchers - their content, their accompanying guidance, and the actual delivery. Every aspect of a programme and provision counts and makes a difference.

https://twitter.com/TeachCan/status/1350258622815559680

What is so noticeable, and unusual, about the 'Top 3' recommendations of this particular tweeter is the inclusion of a video about provision - and not just academic blogs or articles with research references.
Debbie Hepplewhite