https://biscuitcrumbsteaching.com/2020/ ... to-year-6/PHONICS FROM RECEPTION TO YEAR 6
Do read the whole post as it is well worth reading!My Top Tips
1. Make phonics a priority for the whole school.
2. Evaluate the current teaching and learning.
3. Invest in a program that meets the needs of all stakeholders.
4. Ensure phonics is taught whole class with additional support for those that need it.
5. Continue phonics throughout the whole school.
6. Stop accepting phonetically plausible spelling.
And finally, take a look at Debbie Hepplewhiteâ€™s Phonics International website. I use the resources every day and it has changed the way we approach phonics in our school.
*This blog post is not affiliated with Debbie Hepplewhite or Phonics International. It is recommending a resource that has been used in the writerâ€™s school successfully.
And my thanks to 'Biscuit Crumbs' for this recommendation!