MORE phoneme picture charts and updates on other charts!

News about new material, amended material and future planned material
debbie

MORE phoneme picture charts and updates on other charts!

Post by debbie »

ALPHABETIC CODE OVERVIEW CHARTS:

I have now added two additional GIANT Alphabetic Code overview charts with phoneme pictures. These are currently located at the bottom of the unit 1 (module 1) list of resources.

One of these is 'all white' so that teachers or learners can colour-in the grapheme boxes to indicate the graphemes taught to date.

Alternately, there is now a GIANT Alphabetic Code overview chart with phoneme pictures with the STAGE ONE graphemes highlighted in grey to distinguish between the Phonics International 'simple code' and 'complex code'.

Remember that the Phonics International 'simple code' dips into the 'complex code'.

[STAGE ONE - simple code - units 1 to 5; STAGE TWO - complex code - units 6 to 12]

I have also updated the other Alphabetic Code charts to bring them in line with the Alphabetic Code Frieze Posters and the Code charts with phoneme pictures.

Not all teachers will choose to use the charts with phoneme pictures. The Alphabetic Code charts are suitable for use with any good synthetic phonics programme and therefore some teachers may not want pictures which are distinctive of the Phonics International programme.

School teachers, tutors, parents and learners now have a very wide range of Alphabetic Code charts to select from for their own purposes.

I know of no other programme with such an extensive range of charts offering organisational options and teaching and learning resources of this nature. :wink:

There will be Alphabetic Code Frieze Posters for the entire Phonics International programme shortly.

Please remember that teaching does not have to include the use of the Alphabetic Code Frieze Posters - this is a matter of choice. :D
Debbie Hepplewhite
debbie

Post by debbie »

Just a quick note - Arun, our illustrator, has done a great job on the most recent batch of pictures and it won't be long before some great new strands appear in your Phonics International bank of resources!

Not only that - we are re-designing the website and it is beginning to look really good (well, I think so!) - and it will be much more user-friendly to navigate and 'understand'. :lol:
Debbie Hepplewhite