Talks and training events in universities

This forum is open for anyone to add their experiences, queries and to describe their training needs. Please feel free to use this forum for anything at all to do with training.
debbie

Talks and training events in universities

Post by debbie »

It was really good to meet lecturers and student-teachers at Leeds Metropolitan University today - alongside local teachers and headteachers.

I provided a talk entitled: Focused synthetic phonics teaching and its integration with wider reading, spelling and writing
- hosted by Oxford University Press and the university.

It was gratifying to learn that this university also uses my Alphabetic Code Chart designed for student-teachers and I do encourage universities to consider using it as student-teachers have a lot to learn about phonics in such a relatively short time. It took me years to hone my knowledge and skills and I'm still learning daily!
Last edited by debbie on Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:05 am, edited 4 times in total.
Debbie Hepplewhite
debbie

Post by debbie »

http://alphabeticcodecharts.com/Trainin ... 20Code.pdf

You can find the student-teachers' chart at www.alphabeticcodecharts.com along with this message:
(Please note that this is the chart some universities are including in their phonics professional development literature for student teachers. To include in your university's literature, please contact us and we can provide you with a 'print-ready' PDF.)
Debbie Hepplewhite