New sturdy resource as an A3 Alphabetic Code Chart 'mat'!

News about new material, amended material and future planned material
debbie

New sturdy resource as an A3 Alphabetic Code Chart 'mat'!

Post by debbie »

http://www.phonicsinternational.net/A3_ ... 88251.aspx

I am very pleased with this latest resource developed as an A3 'Tough Mat' - that is, a counter, table top, or mouse mat.

This is not the same style as my usual Phonics International alphabetic code charts as I've designed it to show all the consonant sounds in the left hand column and all the vowel sounds in the right hand column - thus, the order of sound-letter/s correspondences is not in a specific Phonics International order of introduction.

The design still relates to the organisation of the PI programme, however, as the key example words are shown in colour-coded bars below each grapheme (colour-coded according to the 12 units of work and their webpages).

Strangely enough, following our latest e-newsletter, someone actually emailed me to request this type of chart for her secondary-aged pupils - pointing out that at this stage they did not need to learn the gaps in their alphabetic code knowledge in a particular order.

Little did the lady know that I was already in the process of designing the chart above - and some other alphabetic code charts which I should have more news about very shortly!

Well - you can imagine that our latest A3 mats have pride of place in our office - one for me and one for Mr H in the role of mousemats - and we have one in the kitchen as I'm fussy about not getting imprints on the wooden table from any writing activities at the table.

It's not often that Mr H waxes lyrical about my resource-designs but he thinks this latest resource is just great!

'Why - thank you my dear - and I think the dozen roses that you sent me for Valentine's Day are just great too. How lucky am I!' :lol:
Debbie Hepplewhite