A mistake became a fab browsing 'book' resource!

How inventive are you with your Phonics International resources - what works for you?
debbie

A mistake became a fab browsing 'book' resource!

Post by debbie »

Recently I went to print out the PICTURE POSTERS on a brand new colour laser printer. I was printing them for a Reception teacher to use as laminated visual aids to support her teaching for the 'basic phonics lesson' when she introduced each new letter/s-sound correspondence.

The setting on the Adobe Reader, however, defaulted to 'Multiple pages per sheet' on the 'Page scaling' instruction. The 'Pages per sheet' number was '2' and the 'Page order' was 'horizontal.

Thus, inadvertently, I ended up with my PICTURE POSTERS half-sized, two to a page and not the full page size that I wanted at the time!

So, not wanting to be wasteful, I thought about what I could do with my miniature posters - all beautifully printed thanks to the new printer!

I purchased some A5 (half-sized) presentation folders - the kind which have fixed transparent sleeves and you put the material in back to back.

These particular folders have 24 fixed sleeves each.

I sliced the paper in half so that I could then put my miniature posters back to back in the presentation folders.

Luckily, the design of folder includes a facility to display one of the posters as the front cover as well - so it is easy to see what is 'inside'.

I love this type of presentation folder because the fixed transparent sleeves seem 'high gloss quality' and show the posters to great effect.

So, now I have two half-sized presentation folders which hold all the PICTURE POSTERS for units 1 to 6 - they are very 'handy' and pleasant to handle.

These can be used as more 'browse books' in any infant or beginners classroom or as 'browse books' for spelling in any context as appropriate.

:wink:
Debbie Hepplewhite