Alert - curriculum review!

Whether or not you are using the Phonics International Programme, feel free to visit this informal 'Chat' forum!
Here you will find all sorts of interesting articles, links to research and developments - and various interesting topics! Do join in!
pdwroe

Alert - curriculum review!

Post by pdwroe »

I went on a training course on Thursday and found out about the government review (by Jim Rose) into the Primary Curriculum. The trainer that was running the course (who was very passionate and inspiring) made a comment which rather concerned me. She says that Jim Rose has backpedalled somewhat on his review of reading in this new report. :cry:
I haven't actually had chance to read the report, I'm about to print it off in the hope that I have time to read it on the way to see my nephew.
I wondered if anyone else had read it yet, and if so what do you think?
Has he backpedalled? Are the changes (which I am assured will become statutory in 2011) going to be for the better?
If you are interested look up on DFES website "The interim report of the primary curriculum". The final report is due out in the next few months sometime, and apparantly 95% of teachers that were surveyed supported the interim report recommendations.
I'll update this when I've read it! :wink: