....IN A NUTSHELL - 2 page quick-reference - top of homepage

News about new material, amended material and future planned material
debbie

....IN A NUTSHELL - 2 page quick-reference - top of homepage

Post by debbie »

....IN A NUTSHELL

This is worthy of downloading! I hope people find it concise and that it provides them with a simple quick-reference overview of the letter/s-sound correspondences of the Phonics International programme etc.

I keep a copy of the chart which shows the order of introduction of the letter/s-sound correspondences in Phonics International at the front of all my large clip files in which I store all the hard copy resources for each unit.

I'm lucky to have found clip files in the 12 colours of Phonics International (resorting to different brands but the same style) and I have card dividers to divide up the different strands in each unit.

This works well for me.

I have had some feedback which describes the unit 1 free resources as 'overwhelming' (well - there are so many!) and so I could see that there needed to be something 'up front' which provided a simple start to the exploration into the programme!

There is no substitute, however, for people giving of their time and attention to read about the synthetic phonics teaching principles and to investigate the range of resources provided in the Phonics International programme. I can't shortcut everything!

It is also important that people do read the full Overview and Guidance Booklet free at the top of unit 1.

Coming soon.....

Meanwhile, I am also writing specific details for what I hope will be a helpful generic description of a 'basic phonics lesson format' - and this will include suggested PI resources which can support the teaching and learning. :wink:
Debbie Hepplewhite