Lost post

This is where you post any technical based problems, i.e., difficulty in accessing the site, unable to access a particular programme unit, problems with downloads etc. Please check the FAQs section before posting here.

Moderator: admin

Andrea

Lost post

Post by Andrea »

Hi,

I wrote a LONG message yesterday, hit the preview button, lost the message and was then directed to the log in page. Can you please tell me what I did wrong?
Could you also please tell me how to access the affiliator's page at the bottom of the home page as I can't find it?
I'm having a 'bad' day!
Thanks
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

Not sure what you did to lose a post. I don't write too many long posts to worry about it, but if I was going to I'd probably be inclined to write it in notepad first then copy/paste when you are satisfied with it. Or, highlight and copy before you click preview. I've heard Debbie scream on more than one occasion when the same thing has happened to her :lol: !!

The affiliate link is at the very, very bottom of the home page - last writing on the page - after the copyright notice and links to our artist.....

I've just previewed this message before posting. Worked fine and I've been able to come back and add this text. Don't suppose it makes you feel any better though!
Kat

Post by Kat »

Hi Andrea,

I have experienced the same frustration of losing a long post. :roll:

What I did wrong was, having previewed my message, I automatically hit the back button intending to continue/edit my post, rather than simply scrolling down to do so.

Once bitten twice shy, I now remind myself that before previewing, I shouldt hit edit and then copy to avoid future frustrating disasters!

Good luck and please rewrite your post when/if you get time- it's great to hear of others experiences with the programme. :)

Kat
Andrea

To Dave and Kat

Post by Andrea »

Dave and Kat, thanks for your replies. I was being so cross with myself that I didn't stop to think about what I might have done wrong, and on reflection, I still don't know, because I can't remember! I'll definitely take more care in the future.

Kat, I'll post again tomorrow. There are loads of people reading the message boards so maybe we can start things moving by being the first ones brave enough to have a 'chat' and write a few posts.

I've waited so many years for something like PI so it's absolutely fantastic that Debbie has given us all something so wonderful to work with.

Will write soon.

Andrea x
Andrea

Post by Andrea »

Great - it went - but trust it to be the short one!

x
debbie

Post by debbie »

:oops: :wink:
Debbie Hepplewhite