More to come....

Any questions/comments/observations relating to the educational content of the programme can be posted here. Any 'technical' problems to the 'Technical Problems' forum please.

Moderators: admin, debbie

debbie

More to come....

Post by debbie »

We are working on more video training and advisory support which will be added to the www.phonicsinternational.com site as it is completed.

We are also working on another strand for units 7 to 12 which involves further illustrations - not for picture cues which, as you know, are not part of the synthetic phonics teaching principles - but as part of the need to associate words together with the same spelling and pronuncation variations - 'aids to memory' in other words.

These illustrations will be particularly important to those for whom English is an additional language.

There are 150 pieces of text in the Phonics International programme currently. Plans are in the pipeline to produce further text in the form of e-books. Over time we can add to the bank of text available to cater for different ages and different cultures. If anyone wishes to write any culture-specific text, they are welcome to contact us.

Phonics International, all being well, is going to grow to make sure that all learners across the world can be helped as far as is possible. :wink:

I really will welcome comments and suggestions.

I was alerted to an error on The Alphabetic Code charts with word examples and I must mention this. In the /igh/ row I had typed 'height' for the 'ei' grapheme. I have now replaced this by the word 'eider' (as in 'eider duck' or 'eider down').

It is really embarrassing to make any kind of error in published material but it does happen - whether through a simple 'typo' mistake - or whether through some wrong understanding. :oops:

I am only human and of course mistakes occasionally slip through the net. But please bear with us because we can really change any error in a very fast time-scale.

I shall mention these where necessary so people can update their own resources.

Thank you for all your kind messages and feedback received so far. :D
Debbie Hepplewhite