Step by step 'How to set up your PI programme...'

News about new material, amended material and future planned material
debbie

Step by step 'How to set up your PI programme...'

Post by debbie »

http://www.phonicsinternational.com/how2.pdf
How to set up and use your core and essential Phonics International resources
I do hope people find this latest document (found in the big pink button on the homepage) very useful in a number of important ways:

1) It will help them get a quick understanding and overview of how to set up and prioritise the resources and practices in the Phonics International programme.

2) The document has electronic links which lead to other, detailed informative websites and documents both for the Phonics International programme's rationale, organisation, resources and practices and also helpful 'generic' and 'professional development' resources and practices.

3) The rationale and practices described in this document are the same as for the Oxford Reading Tree Floppy's Phonics Sounds and Letters programme (for which I'm the phonics consultant).

4) Many schools are using the ORT Floppy's Phonics Sounds and Letters programme in the early years moving on to the Phonics International programme as children progress to a comprehensive spelling programme (but schools can also use Phonics International from the early years of course) and this document will help staff across whole schools.

5) This new document printed out with the other printable documents provides a very good manual for busy teachers (and really interested parents or parents who chose to home educate) to read and refer to as required.

6) This new document will help lecturers in universities to support their student-teachers' professional development regarding their understanding and evaluating of the generic systematic, synthetic phonics teaching principles, practices and resource-design as developed in my work and programmes.
Debbie Hepplewhite