Phonics International Pilot Schools - and potential trainers

Whether or not you are using the Phonics International Programme, feel free to visit this informal 'Chat' forum!
Here you will find all sorts of interesting articles, links to research and developments - and various interesting topics! Do join in!
debbie

Phonics International Pilot Schools - and potential trainers

Post by debbie »

We have a growing number of schools beginning to pilot the Phonics International programme throughout the world.

This is a very important development for the Phonics International programme as we really value the practical interaction with teachers (tutors and parents) using the programme in a wide variety of contexts and countries.

Already I have written material on the feedback and request of existing PI users and whilst this is not always practicable, if the suggestion is sensible, I shall continue to develop the programme to match people's needs in their various scenarios.

If you are an education administrator, advisor, headteacher, literacy coordinator or special needs coordinator and wish to approach me re the possibility of establishing a Phonics International pilot project in your country or area, please email me at:

debbie@phonicsinternational.com

The criteria is the full commitment of headteachers and all staff members to the PI project and the synthetic phonics teaching principles, willingness to test results as objectively as possible, and to keep in close contact with me (via email and possibly 'skype') in addition to any Phonics International teacher-trainers in your country or area.

Teachers need to commit to regular teaching on the timetable and good use of the Phonics International posters to support the teaching and learning on a main display wall in the classroom (when practicable).

If anyone is interested in the possibility of becoming a Phonics International trainer in the future, direct experience of using the programme - or working alongside schools using the programme - is essential to be truly helpful for training and advising other people.

Use of the programme, however, can be via tutoring or home-teaching. :D
Debbie Hepplewhite