How to gain access to the Phonics International resources...

This is the forum for participants of the 'PHONICS TRAINING ONLINE' course written by Debbie Hepplewhite. Participants are welcome to add their own comments. Debbie will contribute any relevant up-to-date findings, issues and developments. To find out about the course, go to: www.phonicstrainingonline.com .
debbie

How to gain access to the Phonics International resources...

Post by debbie »

As always, it's lovely to hear from people who are doing, or who have completed, Phonics Training Online - I always appreciate it so please do get in touch.

I've added this message because of the question regarding access to the full Phonics International programme plus the Early Years Starter Package which is provided as part of the course. A few trainees have asked this same question.
Dear Debbie,

I've just completed the Phonics International Training course online and simply loved it! In it I have found many of the answers to the queries I had about Phonics.

According to the information on the Homepage, this course includes a free 12-month licence to the Phonics International online programme and the EYSP. How can I access it? Best regards
On the page of every Module’s audio-videos, you will find a button stating ‘Downloads and links’.

When you click on this button, you go to additional resources and at, or near the top of this ‘Downloads and links’ page, you will find the instructions for ‘FREE access to Phonics International and the Early Years Starter Pack resources’.

Phonics International can be used as a complete, stand-alone systematic phonics programme (plus incidental use to make it the 'two-pronged systematic and incidental phonics approach') or it can be used to complement/supplement other phonics programmes. It is important that trainees of the Phonics Training Online course do access the full resources even if this is to review the programme to see how it compares with the content of other programmes and phonics provision.

One of the most important aims of Phonics Training Online is to equip teachers (or others) to be able to evaluate and compare phonics programmes and provision. By knowing what Phonics International and the Oxford Reading Tree Floppy's Phonics Sounds and Letters programmes provide, this supports that capacity to evaluate and compare.

Part of that evaluation is about the 'the maths of the phonics' involving quantifying the content and quality of phonics provision, per pupil, to appreciate the experience and level of practice for every pupil. This is key.

Phonics provision needs to be content-rich and provide sufficient practice and application from code to word to sentence and text level material for every single pupil. In truth, much provision that I have observed in schools is impoverished in a range of ways - and we explore this fact in Phonics Training Online.
Debbie Hepplewhite
debbie

Post by debbie »

Please note that the Phonics International annual licence is no longer provided as part of the 'Phonics Training Online' self-study course.

This is because we have dramatically reduced the cost of the course so that it is more affordable to individual participants and affordable to whole staff participation of schools or other organisations.

As I'm typing this message, our Phonics Training Online course is now only £20 VAT ('Value Added Tax' which is relevant for some countries and not others).

We have also dramatically reduced the cost of the annual licence of the Phonics International programme too, for the same reason - to make it affordable for more individuals who wish to acquire access to the full PI programme and the PI Early Years Starter Package.

Our ethos is to make the PTO course and the Phonics International programme 'nearly free'!

Meanwhile, since the advent of the coronavirus pandemic in 2020, we have made a huge bank of our resources entirely free - including a pre-recorded training webinar with full course notes - available here (link from the Phonics International homepage):

https://phonicsinternational.com/cv-lockdown-resources/

If you have enjoyed using and learning from any of our resources - training and practical resources for teaching and learning - please do tell others about our work and provision.

Warmest best wishes,

Debbie (and David) :wink:
Debbie Hepplewhite
debbie

Post by debbie »

We also provide a further 50% reduction for large-scale block-bookings for teacher-training universities and organisations.

This amounts to £10 + VAT per participant via the training organisation.
Debbie Hepplewhite