COLLATED ALPHABETIC CODE INFORMATION PLUS WORD BANKS

News about new material, amended material and future planned material
debbie

Post by debbie »

Look for this new resource near the top of the unit 2 webpage.

This 38 page booklet has been compiled on request by users. It includes all the Alphabetic Code information plus lists all the words as provided on each SOUNDS BOOK ACTIVITY SHEET throughout the programme (units 1 to 12).

Users may not need such a document at all - whereas some users will find it very useful as an overview of the Alphabetic Code information included on the Sounds Book sheets.

Managers of the Phonics International programme in schools, for example, may like to have a copy of the 'details'.

It could be used as a working document and/or a training document.

I have a hard copy of this booklet displayed in one of those transparent leaf plastic folders. You can get the folders in various sizes but one with 20 transparent holders is just the right size.

Presented in this way, a copy of the booklet might be useful provided for the school 'staffroom'! :wink:
Last edited by debbie on Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Debbie Hepplewhite
debbie

Post by debbie »

PS - Left with a final 'spare' transparent holder at the back of the folder, I have printed off the free doc from the Phonics International homepage about the 'Basic Phonics Lesson Format'.

The other free document on the homepage, 'In a nutshell...', is already included in this latest 'Collation of the Alphabetic Code..' booklet at the beginning as I think the little charts are so handy!

These are helpful documents for newcomers to synthetic phonics teaching and people wishing to understand the overview of the Phonics International programme in the simplest terms.
Debbie Hepplewhite
debbie

Post by debbie »

I've already had some great feedback on this latest booklet. Some people may find it makes a helpful quick reference tool especially when synthetic phonics teaching is new to them.

Whilst all this alphabetic code information is very helpful on each Sounds Book Activity Sheet, some people may wish to have this alphabetic code information 'to hand' when they are NOT using the Sounds Book Activity Sheets at that moment. :)
Debbie Hepplewhite