Phonics International Forum Index Phonics International
an International Online Synthetic Phonics Programme

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TEDx talk: The lost art of letter writing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Phonics International Forum Index -> Handwriting - Share your questions and progress.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
debbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:01 pm    Post subject: TEDx talk: The lost art of letter writing Reply with quote

Here is some important food for thought:

The lost art of letter writing

by Elspeth Penny

http://tedxtalks.ted.com/video/The-lost-art-of-letter-writing

When did YOU last write to someone via a handwritten letter?

I have had four wonderful children - but one of them died in a car crash on the eve of her 20th birthday.

Recently I braved a re-look into a box of all-things-sentimental and found some letters that she had written when 8 and when 13 to grandparents (that had been thoughtfully given to me when she died).

Oh boy - talk about the importance of handwritten letters - and what memories they evoked...

All you teachers out there, be aware of how much you might be compromising your own children's family life because you're so busy being made to plan and prepare for other people's children.

My advice in hindsight?

Keep your weekends and your holidays at least for your own families! Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Phonics International Forum Index -> Handwriting - Share your questions and progress. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: